Saturday, September 8, 2012

I hear YOUR VOICE.....

...........and this is mine. 

Continuing the Atticus Project.  How it's going:
~  It's going well, so far.  I've pretty much got my Governing Board narrowed down which is comprised of people I love and trust to help with brainstorming and creating.  I also started Lifeline's GPS classes two weeks ago.  Those classes are designed for people who desire to be foster parents, but I felt that if I dove into a class like that I could learn more about "the system" - DHR.  On Friday, September 14th, I have a mentoring meeting with Lauri Burns, the girl who started a transitional home in California.  All in all, I think I'm on my way. 



Thoughts:

If you're reading this, go to You Tube, and check out a song by Christy Nockels.  It's titled, For Your Splendor.  To me, the lyrics are awesome!!!  You can't just read 'em, though.  You have to listen to it at the same time.  I encourage you to listen to it three times in a row.  Then read the passage John 15: 1-8.  Think about how we are all called to be His disciples.  Cool, huh?

I am really into, well, any animal really, but I LOVE eagles and hawks.  The way they can soar is beautiful, but sometimes I wish I could do that.  I also love to think about the fact that if their wings are clipped, they cannot fly - which can be symbolic in many people's lives.  If a person's "wings" are clipped, that person cannot "fly" - which I believe can be relative to many aspects of one's life (religion, home life, addiction, you name it...). 

When thinking about any person who hasn't been as fortunate as I, I imagine that their wings are clipped through no fault of their own.  For example,  I was fortunate to be borne to loving parents, in a safe city, county, state, and country.  I was fortunate to have all the water I wanted to drink and to have indoor bathrooms.  I was fortunate to have three DIFFERENT meals a day (with snacks in between).  I was fortunate to be given the privelege of going to college.  I was fortunate to bear my children in a hospital with the opportunity to have an emergency c-section if I were to have needed it.  Most of all, I was fortunate to have been given the opportunity to learn about Christ Who entered my heart, soul, and mind when I was 13 years old.  You get the idea...

But you know,  because I have this immeasurable fortune, I am given by Christ a responsibility to be a disciple for Him.  It is not as simple as saying, "Ok.  There, I did it.  I'm saved now."  We have a responsibility to have an active relationship with Him and to teach others about the things that we were fortunate to have been taught. 

This passage in Deuteronomy really spoke to me.  I've read Deuteronomy before, and I remember not feeling totally moved by it.  It's not the most exciting book in my opinion.  BUT, the Bible is a beautiful book.  It has such a dynamic  quality in that it speaks to you differently in each season of your life. 

"He found them in a desert land,
in an empty, howling wasteland.
He surrounded them and watched over them;
He guarded them as his MOST PRECIOUS possession.
Like an eagle that rouses her chicks
and hovers over her young,
so He spread His wings to take them in
and carried them aloft on his pinions."

When Moses used the word "them", I think it could represent people who have never heard of Jesus OR people who are less fortunate than me. 

I believe the "desert" represents bad, broken, or empty (whether it be bad homes or no homes). 

Imagine a beautiful eagle soaring above all things that can harm it.  Imagine the people being protected by all of those bad things because they are flying on the wings of the eagle, their Protector. 

This passage is so uplifting in my opinion.  I love it!!!

Have a great Saturday!!! :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment